Well, that’s a wrap! Another year at Kathleen Connell Singing Studio and another year which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with a range of singers, from beginners with a very healthy attitude to practice to advanced singers with strong technique. Together we’ve covered a wide variety of music styles and worked towards a range of singing goals.
I always think it’s worthwhile reviewing the year and tallying the milestones, so here’s a snapshot of 2016 in my studio:
- More than 1400 singing lessons
- 12 singers attended exams in AMEB, HSC and tertiary institutes; each successful and happy with their results
- 1 studio concert with more than 20 items sung, accompanied by Alison Cameron
- 1 successful workshop with 14 participants and 20 attendees
- 5 newsletters
- 6 blog articles sharing tips on vocal technique and performing
- Many singers auditioned and successfully entered choirs, music theatre shows, opera and received acceptance to tertiary courses.
- Assessed tertiary singers and musicians
- Started writing and preparing a tertiary course on teaching music as a sole trader for individuals, schools and organisations.
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a New Year filled with love, laughter and song!